How many serial port on PI3 Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern) Congratulation Joan for 50k!How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroWRpi to arduino via USBreading serial from tty, data become corrupted after a certain delayNo communication between GPRS module RaspberryPi Zero serial GPIO portsConnecting through usb-serial driverSerial port works with minicom but not echo and catMinicom serial port test not workingJessie: How to deal with Python open of /dev/ttyACM0 not sending RST signal like it does with /dev/ttyUSB0Raspberry Pi Zero W with SIM800l not workCan't get serial port working (header pins, Raspberry Pi 1 Model B)Several serial ports with c++

Significance of Cersei's obsession with elephants?

Monolithic + MicroServices

Effects on objects due to a brief relocation of massive amounts of mass

What order were files/directories outputted in dir?

Why is it faster to reheat something than it is to cook it?

What is the appropriate index architecture when forced to implement IsDeleted (soft deletes)?

Is grep documentation about ignoring case wrong, since it doesn't ignore case in filenames?

How could we fake a moon landing now?

Converted a Scalar function to a TVF function for parallel execution-Still running in Serial mode

Put R under double integral

Why does the remaining Rebel fleet at the end of Rogue One seem dramatically larger than the one in A New Hope?

Amount of permutations on an NxNxN Rubik's Cube

How to find the conditional CDF based on observed data in R

Trademark violation for app?

Parallel Computing Problem

How can I reduce the gap between left and right of cdot with a macro?

Why does it sometimes sound good to play a grace note as a lead in to a note in a melody?

AppleTVs create a chatty alternate WiFi network

What does it mean that physics no longer uses mechanical models to describe phenomena?

Find 108 by using 3,4,6

Time to Settle Down!

Central Vacuuming: Is it worth it, and how does it compare to normal vacuuming?

Has negative voting ever been officially implemented in elections, or seriously proposed, or even studied?

Using audio cues to encourage good posture



How many serial port on PI3



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)
Congratulation Joan for 50k!How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroWRpi to arduino via USBreading serial from tty, data become corrupted after a certain delayNo communication between GPRS module RaspberryPi Zero serial GPIO portsConnecting through usb-serial driverSerial port works with minicom but not echo and catMinicom serial port test not workingJessie: How to deal with Python open of /dev/ttyACM0 not sending RST signal like it does with /dev/ttyUSB0Raspberry Pi Zero W with SIM800l not workCan't get serial port working (header pins, Raspberry Pi 1 Model B)Several serial ports with c++



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















How many serial ports are on the PI3? There is one on the GPIO pin that goes to ttyS0. Is there a separate one for USB? I have read somewhere about /dev/ttyUSB0. Is that a separate serial port?



Place mentioning ttyUSB0
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-on-the-raspberry-pi/setting-everything-up










share|improve this question




























    1















    How many serial ports are on the PI3? There is one on the GPIO pin that goes to ttyS0. Is there a separate one for USB? I have read somewhere about /dev/ttyUSB0. Is that a separate serial port?



    Place mentioning ttyUSB0
    https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-on-the-raspberry-pi/setting-everything-up










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      How many serial ports are on the PI3? There is one on the GPIO pin that goes to ttyS0. Is there a separate one for USB? I have read somewhere about /dev/ttyUSB0. Is that a separate serial port?



      Place mentioning ttyUSB0
      https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-on-the-raspberry-pi/setting-everything-up










      share|improve this question














      How many serial ports are on the PI3? There is one on the GPIO pin that goes to ttyS0. Is there a separate one for USB? I have read somewhere about /dev/ttyUSB0. Is that a separate serial port?



      Place mentioning ttyUSB0
      https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-on-the-raspberry-pi/setting-everything-up







      pi-3 serial






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 7 hours ago









      bakalolobakalolo

      1558




      1558




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          2














          The Pi has 2 serial ports, but only 1 is accessible - the other is connected to Bluetooth. (It is possible to switch ports in Device Tree.)



          See How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW for more detail.



          You can add additional ports with a USB-serial adapter.






          share|improve this answer
































            1














            Question



            How many serial ports are on the Rpi3



            Answer



            I have been playing with serial communication this couple of days. I googled and the found the following tutorial useful.



            Raspberry Pi Serial (UART) Tutorial - Roland Pelayo 2018jun22 17,305 Views



            I extracted what the author says below:




            Technically, the Raspberry Pi has two UARTs: PL011 UART and mini UART.
            However, you only have one pair of TXD and RXD pins to work with.



            The PL011 UART is the main UART for models without Bluetooth feature
            and is tied directly to the Linux console output. This means you can
            send Linux commands from your PC to the Raspberry Pi on this UART.



            On the other hand, the mini UART becomes the Linux console UART for
            models with Bluetooth like the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
            For these models, the PL011 UART is tied directly to the Bluetooth
            module.



            Whichever UART is assigned to the Linux console is accessible through
            /dev/serial0. Each UART can be accessed individually via /dev/ttyS0
            for the mini UART and /dev/ttyAMA0 for the PL011 UART.



            Generally, the PL011 UART is more reliable than the mini UART because
            the latter has smaller FIFOs [], lacks flow control and has its baud
            rate reliant on the VPU clock speed.




            My experiment results



            I followed his instructions and have been doing experiments and found everything works as he suggests.



            I used to use four TXS0104 logical level converters to demux one UART channel into 4. I select one one of the four channels by enabling TXS0104 converter I want. It works smoothly, except you can not use more than one UART channel at the same time.



            I also tried the USB to TTL adapters for Rpi3B+ Raspbian version 2019Apr. I found both PL2302 and CH340 adapters can be detected without installed drivers.



            In other words, Raspbian version 2019apr already have Pl2303 and CH340 drivers installed.



            I also tried the CP2102 USB to TTL adapters, but many CP2102 modules are sadly not compatible to Win10 and ESP8266-12. I have not tried it on Rpi.



            rpi3b+ usb ttl driver



            NXP SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module Not Recommended for Newbies



            SparkFun once sold a NXP I2C/SPI to UART module. I thought it too good to be true to be able to have as many UART channels as I wanted. But then I found the datasheet has some "special features" which are perhaps OK for hackers to deal with, but too difficult for newbies to handle. I tried hard for a couple of days and gave up. SparkFun has now discontinued this module for a reason.



            The other modules AdaFruit are recommending are TXS/TXB0108 modules. I have been using TSX/TSB0104s for demultiplexing UART/I2C/SPI channels and found them OK, if not too greedy to entertain too many channels at the same time. Actually I found many I2C modules (including MCP23017) when grouped more than two, become unstable and difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I have not learnt all the tricks in fiddling the I2C pull up resistors. Anyway, trying just one is OK for newbies.



            TSX0104E



            References



            AdaFruit TXB0108 8-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - $8.00



            TXB0108 Datasheet - TI



            TXS0104E Datasheet - TI



            Amazon SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module



            SparkFun SC16IS750 I2C/SPI-to-UART Module



            SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Datasheet - NXP



            The 6 Best Arduino GPS Modules - Josh Darling 2019jan






            share|improve this answer

























              Your Answer






              StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
              return StackExchange.using("schematics", function ()
              StackExchange.schematics.init();
              );
              , "cicuitlab");

              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "447"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: true,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              imageUploader:
              brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
              contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
              allowUrls: true
              ,
              onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













              draft saved

              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fraspberrypi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f96697%2fhow-many-serial-port-on-pi3%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest















              Required, but never shown

























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes









              2














              The Pi has 2 serial ports, but only 1 is accessible - the other is connected to Bluetooth. (It is possible to switch ports in Device Tree.)



              See How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW for more detail.



              You can add additional ports with a USB-serial adapter.






              share|improve this answer





























                2














                The Pi has 2 serial ports, but only 1 is accessible - the other is connected to Bluetooth. (It is possible to switch ports in Device Tree.)



                See How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW for more detail.



                You can add additional ports with a USB-serial adapter.






                share|improve this answer



























                  2












                  2








                  2







                  The Pi has 2 serial ports, but only 1 is accessible - the other is connected to Bluetooth. (It is possible to switch ports in Device Tree.)



                  See How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW for more detail.



                  You can add additional ports with a USB-serial adapter.






                  share|improve this answer















                  The Pi has 2 serial ports, but only 1 is accessible - the other is connected to Bluetooth. (It is possible to switch ports in Device Tree.)



                  See How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW for more detail.



                  You can add additional ports with a USB-serial adapter.







                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited 5 hours ago

























                  answered 5 hours ago









                  MilliwaysMilliways

                  30.8k1357117




                  30.8k1357117























                      1














                      Question



                      How many serial ports are on the Rpi3



                      Answer



                      I have been playing with serial communication this couple of days. I googled and the found the following tutorial useful.



                      Raspberry Pi Serial (UART) Tutorial - Roland Pelayo 2018jun22 17,305 Views



                      I extracted what the author says below:




                      Technically, the Raspberry Pi has two UARTs: PL011 UART and mini UART.
                      However, you only have one pair of TXD and RXD pins to work with.



                      The PL011 UART is the main UART for models without Bluetooth feature
                      and is tied directly to the Linux console output. This means you can
                      send Linux commands from your PC to the Raspberry Pi on this UART.



                      On the other hand, the mini UART becomes the Linux console UART for
                      models with Bluetooth like the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
                      For these models, the PL011 UART is tied directly to the Bluetooth
                      module.



                      Whichever UART is assigned to the Linux console is accessible through
                      /dev/serial0. Each UART can be accessed individually via /dev/ttyS0
                      for the mini UART and /dev/ttyAMA0 for the PL011 UART.



                      Generally, the PL011 UART is more reliable than the mini UART because
                      the latter has smaller FIFOs [], lacks flow control and has its baud
                      rate reliant on the VPU clock speed.




                      My experiment results



                      I followed his instructions and have been doing experiments and found everything works as he suggests.



                      I used to use four TXS0104 logical level converters to demux one UART channel into 4. I select one one of the four channels by enabling TXS0104 converter I want. It works smoothly, except you can not use more than one UART channel at the same time.



                      I also tried the USB to TTL adapters for Rpi3B+ Raspbian version 2019Apr. I found both PL2302 and CH340 adapters can be detected without installed drivers.



                      In other words, Raspbian version 2019apr already have Pl2303 and CH340 drivers installed.



                      I also tried the CP2102 USB to TTL adapters, but many CP2102 modules are sadly not compatible to Win10 and ESP8266-12. I have not tried it on Rpi.



                      rpi3b+ usb ttl driver



                      NXP SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module Not Recommended for Newbies



                      SparkFun once sold a NXP I2C/SPI to UART module. I thought it too good to be true to be able to have as many UART channels as I wanted. But then I found the datasheet has some "special features" which are perhaps OK for hackers to deal with, but too difficult for newbies to handle. I tried hard for a couple of days and gave up. SparkFun has now discontinued this module for a reason.



                      The other modules AdaFruit are recommending are TXS/TXB0108 modules. I have been using TSX/TSB0104s for demultiplexing UART/I2C/SPI channels and found them OK, if not too greedy to entertain too many channels at the same time. Actually I found many I2C modules (including MCP23017) when grouped more than two, become unstable and difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I have not learnt all the tricks in fiddling the I2C pull up resistors. Anyway, trying just one is OK for newbies.



                      TSX0104E



                      References



                      AdaFruit TXB0108 8-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - $8.00



                      TXB0108 Datasheet - TI



                      TXS0104E Datasheet - TI



                      Amazon SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module



                      SparkFun SC16IS750 I2C/SPI-to-UART Module



                      SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Datasheet - NXP



                      The 6 Best Arduino GPS Modules - Josh Darling 2019jan






                      share|improve this answer





























                        1














                        Question



                        How many serial ports are on the Rpi3



                        Answer



                        I have been playing with serial communication this couple of days. I googled and the found the following tutorial useful.



                        Raspberry Pi Serial (UART) Tutorial - Roland Pelayo 2018jun22 17,305 Views



                        I extracted what the author says below:




                        Technically, the Raspberry Pi has two UARTs: PL011 UART and mini UART.
                        However, you only have one pair of TXD and RXD pins to work with.



                        The PL011 UART is the main UART for models without Bluetooth feature
                        and is tied directly to the Linux console output. This means you can
                        send Linux commands from your PC to the Raspberry Pi on this UART.



                        On the other hand, the mini UART becomes the Linux console UART for
                        models with Bluetooth like the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
                        For these models, the PL011 UART is tied directly to the Bluetooth
                        module.



                        Whichever UART is assigned to the Linux console is accessible through
                        /dev/serial0. Each UART can be accessed individually via /dev/ttyS0
                        for the mini UART and /dev/ttyAMA0 for the PL011 UART.



                        Generally, the PL011 UART is more reliable than the mini UART because
                        the latter has smaller FIFOs [], lacks flow control and has its baud
                        rate reliant on the VPU clock speed.




                        My experiment results



                        I followed his instructions and have been doing experiments and found everything works as he suggests.



                        I used to use four TXS0104 logical level converters to demux one UART channel into 4. I select one one of the four channels by enabling TXS0104 converter I want. It works smoothly, except you can not use more than one UART channel at the same time.



                        I also tried the USB to TTL adapters for Rpi3B+ Raspbian version 2019Apr. I found both PL2302 and CH340 adapters can be detected without installed drivers.



                        In other words, Raspbian version 2019apr already have Pl2303 and CH340 drivers installed.



                        I also tried the CP2102 USB to TTL adapters, but many CP2102 modules are sadly not compatible to Win10 and ESP8266-12. I have not tried it on Rpi.



                        rpi3b+ usb ttl driver



                        NXP SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module Not Recommended for Newbies



                        SparkFun once sold a NXP I2C/SPI to UART module. I thought it too good to be true to be able to have as many UART channels as I wanted. But then I found the datasheet has some "special features" which are perhaps OK for hackers to deal with, but too difficult for newbies to handle. I tried hard for a couple of days and gave up. SparkFun has now discontinued this module for a reason.



                        The other modules AdaFruit are recommending are TXS/TXB0108 modules. I have been using TSX/TSB0104s for demultiplexing UART/I2C/SPI channels and found them OK, if not too greedy to entertain too many channels at the same time. Actually I found many I2C modules (including MCP23017) when grouped more than two, become unstable and difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I have not learnt all the tricks in fiddling the I2C pull up resistors. Anyway, trying just one is OK for newbies.



                        TSX0104E



                        References



                        AdaFruit TXB0108 8-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - $8.00



                        TXB0108 Datasheet - TI



                        TXS0104E Datasheet - TI



                        Amazon SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module



                        SparkFun SC16IS750 I2C/SPI-to-UART Module



                        SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Datasheet - NXP



                        The 6 Best Arduino GPS Modules - Josh Darling 2019jan






                        share|improve this answer



























                          1












                          1








                          1







                          Question



                          How many serial ports are on the Rpi3



                          Answer



                          I have been playing with serial communication this couple of days. I googled and the found the following tutorial useful.



                          Raspberry Pi Serial (UART) Tutorial - Roland Pelayo 2018jun22 17,305 Views



                          I extracted what the author says below:




                          Technically, the Raspberry Pi has two UARTs: PL011 UART and mini UART.
                          However, you only have one pair of TXD and RXD pins to work with.



                          The PL011 UART is the main UART for models without Bluetooth feature
                          and is tied directly to the Linux console output. This means you can
                          send Linux commands from your PC to the Raspberry Pi on this UART.



                          On the other hand, the mini UART becomes the Linux console UART for
                          models with Bluetooth like the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
                          For these models, the PL011 UART is tied directly to the Bluetooth
                          module.



                          Whichever UART is assigned to the Linux console is accessible through
                          /dev/serial0. Each UART can be accessed individually via /dev/ttyS0
                          for the mini UART and /dev/ttyAMA0 for the PL011 UART.



                          Generally, the PL011 UART is more reliable than the mini UART because
                          the latter has smaller FIFOs [], lacks flow control and has its baud
                          rate reliant on the VPU clock speed.




                          My experiment results



                          I followed his instructions and have been doing experiments and found everything works as he suggests.



                          I used to use four TXS0104 logical level converters to demux one UART channel into 4. I select one one of the four channels by enabling TXS0104 converter I want. It works smoothly, except you can not use more than one UART channel at the same time.



                          I also tried the USB to TTL adapters for Rpi3B+ Raspbian version 2019Apr. I found both PL2302 and CH340 adapters can be detected without installed drivers.



                          In other words, Raspbian version 2019apr already have Pl2303 and CH340 drivers installed.



                          I also tried the CP2102 USB to TTL adapters, but many CP2102 modules are sadly not compatible to Win10 and ESP8266-12. I have not tried it on Rpi.



                          rpi3b+ usb ttl driver



                          NXP SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module Not Recommended for Newbies



                          SparkFun once sold a NXP I2C/SPI to UART module. I thought it too good to be true to be able to have as many UART channels as I wanted. But then I found the datasheet has some "special features" which are perhaps OK for hackers to deal with, but too difficult for newbies to handle. I tried hard for a couple of days and gave up. SparkFun has now discontinued this module for a reason.



                          The other modules AdaFruit are recommending are TXS/TXB0108 modules. I have been using TSX/TSB0104s for demultiplexing UART/I2C/SPI channels and found them OK, if not too greedy to entertain too many channels at the same time. Actually I found many I2C modules (including MCP23017) when grouped more than two, become unstable and difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I have not learnt all the tricks in fiddling the I2C pull up resistors. Anyway, trying just one is OK for newbies.



                          TSX0104E



                          References



                          AdaFruit TXB0108 8-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - $8.00



                          TXB0108 Datasheet - TI



                          TXS0104E Datasheet - TI



                          Amazon SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module



                          SparkFun SC16IS750 I2C/SPI-to-UART Module



                          SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Datasheet - NXP



                          The 6 Best Arduino GPS Modules - Josh Darling 2019jan






                          share|improve this answer















                          Question



                          How many serial ports are on the Rpi3



                          Answer



                          I have been playing with serial communication this couple of days. I googled and the found the following tutorial useful.



                          Raspberry Pi Serial (UART) Tutorial - Roland Pelayo 2018jun22 17,305 Views



                          I extracted what the author says below:




                          Technically, the Raspberry Pi has two UARTs: PL011 UART and mini UART.
                          However, you only have one pair of TXD and RXD pins to work with.



                          The PL011 UART is the main UART for models without Bluetooth feature
                          and is tied directly to the Linux console output. This means you can
                          send Linux commands from your PC to the Raspberry Pi on this UART.



                          On the other hand, the mini UART becomes the Linux console UART for
                          models with Bluetooth like the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
                          For these models, the PL011 UART is tied directly to the Bluetooth
                          module.



                          Whichever UART is assigned to the Linux console is accessible through
                          /dev/serial0. Each UART can be accessed individually via /dev/ttyS0
                          for the mini UART and /dev/ttyAMA0 for the PL011 UART.



                          Generally, the PL011 UART is more reliable than the mini UART because
                          the latter has smaller FIFOs [], lacks flow control and has its baud
                          rate reliant on the VPU clock speed.




                          My experiment results



                          I followed his instructions and have been doing experiments and found everything works as he suggests.



                          I used to use four TXS0104 logical level converters to demux one UART channel into 4. I select one one of the four channels by enabling TXS0104 converter I want. It works smoothly, except you can not use more than one UART channel at the same time.



                          I also tried the USB to TTL adapters for Rpi3B+ Raspbian version 2019Apr. I found both PL2302 and CH340 adapters can be detected without installed drivers.



                          In other words, Raspbian version 2019apr already have Pl2303 and CH340 drivers installed.



                          I also tried the CP2102 USB to TTL adapters, but many CP2102 modules are sadly not compatible to Win10 and ESP8266-12. I have not tried it on Rpi.



                          rpi3b+ usb ttl driver



                          NXP SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module Not Recommended for Newbies



                          SparkFun once sold a NXP I2C/SPI to UART module. I thought it too good to be true to be able to have as many UART channels as I wanted. But then I found the datasheet has some "special features" which are perhaps OK for hackers to deal with, but too difficult for newbies to handle. I tried hard for a couple of days and gave up. SparkFun has now discontinued this module for a reason.



                          The other modules AdaFruit are recommending are TXS/TXB0108 modules. I have been using TSX/TSB0104s for demultiplexing UART/I2C/SPI channels and found them OK, if not too greedy to entertain too many channels at the same time. Actually I found many I2C modules (including MCP23017) when grouped more than two, become unstable and difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I have not learnt all the tricks in fiddling the I2C pull up resistors. Anyway, trying just one is OK for newbies.



                          TSX0104E



                          References



                          AdaFruit TXB0108 8-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - $8.00



                          TXB0108 Datasheet - TI



                          TXS0104E Datasheet - TI



                          Amazon SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Module



                          SparkFun SC16IS750 I2C/SPI-to-UART Module



                          SC16IS750 I2C/SPI to UART Datasheet - NXP



                          The 6 Best Arduino GPS Modules - Josh Darling 2019jan







                          share|improve this answer














                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer








                          edited 1 hour ago

























                          answered 6 hours ago









                          tlfong01tlfong01

                          787312




                          787312



























                              draft saved

                              draft discarded
















































                              Thanks for contributing an answer to Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange!


                              • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                              But avoid …


                              • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                              • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                              To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fraspberrypi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f96697%2fhow-many-serial-port-on-pi3%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest















                              Required, but never shown





















































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown

































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown







                              Popular posts from this blog

                              What does “fit” mean in this sentence? Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)How does 'jealousy' mean 'suspicion'?What does “not so say” mean?Does “somebody of my caliber” mean the speaker themselves?“accounting for high fasting blood glucose”- help about the meaningWhat does “cloaked by NDA” mean in this context?What does it mean by 'community ownership' in this context?What does “human corroborators” mean in this context?What does “everything but a fire” mean in this context?What does “run” mean here?What does “rabbited” mean/imply in this sentence?

                              Is it wise to focus on putting odd beats on left when playing double bass drums?What does the tie across other different notes mean?How to improve right hand picking/strumming technique for electric and acoustic guitar?How fast is the BPM should you start to use double bass pedal?Alternative or more advanced methods for counting rhythmsLost direction in practicing drumsIs there any way at all to tell if these measures are 6/4 vs. 3/2?Why is alberti bass so tiring?How does 'meter' differ from 'rhythm' in music?Rhythm question about piano sheet notationWhy is Bach's Cello Suite 1 written in 16th notes

                              History of India Contents Prehistoric era (until c. 3300 BCE) Bronze Age – "First urbanisation" (c. 3300 – c. 1800 BCE) Climate change, de-urbanisation, and Indo-Aryan migrations (c.1800 – 1500 BCE) Iron Age - Vedic period (c. 1500 – c. 600 BCE) "Second urbanisation" (c. 600 – c. 200 BCE) Classical to early medieval periods (c. 200 BCE – c. 1200 CE) Late medieval period (c. 1200 – 1526 CE) Early modern period (c. 1526–1858 CE) Modern period and independence (after c. 1850 CE) Historiography See also References Further reading External links Navigation menureviewedee[update]The crisisThe Evolution and History of Human Populations in South Asia: Inter-disciplinary Studies in Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, Linguistics and GeneticsThe Ancient Indus: Urbanism, Economy, and Society"Indus River Valley Civilizations"The Ancient Indus: Urbanism, Economy, and Society"India before the British: The Mughal Empire and its Rivals, 1526–1857"Why Europe Grew Rich and Asia Did Not: Global Economic Divergence, 1600–1850Development Centre Studies The World Economy Historical Statistics: Historical StatisticsDeveloping cultures: case studiesEthnic Groups of South Asia and the Pacific: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia"Indian Economy During British Rule""Economic Impact of the British Rule in India | Indian History"The Bone Readers: Science and Politics in Human Origins Research"Out of Africa: new hypotheses and evidence for the dispersal of Homo sapiens along the Indian Ocean rim"10.3109/0301446100363924920334598"Genetic and archaeological perspectives on the initial modern human colonization of southern Asia"2013PNAS..11010699M10.1073/pnas.1306043110369678523754394"Edakkal Caves|Places Around in Wayanad"Protecting megaliths to keep history alive The Hindu daily"Archaeologists rock solid behind Edakkal Cave"The Global Prehistory of Human Migration"Indus Valley 2,000 years older than thought"the original"Stepwells -Cosmology of Subterranean Architecture as seen in Adalaj"A History of Ancient and Early medieval India : from the Stone Age to the 12th century"Stone celts in Harappa"the original"Peoples and languages in pre-islamic Indus valley"the original"The Sindhi language"the originalThe Aryan chromosome"Fluvial landscapes of the Harappan Civilization"2012PNAS..109E1688G10.1073/pnas.1112743109338705422645375"Is River Ghaggar, Saraswati? Geochemical Constraints""An Ancient Civilization, Upended by Climate Change""Huge Ancient Civilization's Collapse Explained"2003GeoRL..30.1425S10.1029/2002GL0168222006QSRv...25.1283M10.1016/j.quascirev.2005.10.0122011QuInt.229..140M10.1016/j.quaint.2009.11.012Climate Change and the Course of Global History: A Rough JourneyA History of Ancient and Early Medieval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th CenturyA History of Ancient and Mediaeval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th CenturyAntennae SwordA History of IndiaA History of IndiaAn Introduction to Hinduism"India: The Late 2nd Millennium and the Reemergence of Urbanism"The Coinage of Ancient IndiaA Sanskrit reader: with vocabulary and notesPedigree: the origins of words from nature"Early Sanskritization. Origins and Development of the Kuru State"10.11588/ejvs.1995.4.823The Sanskrit epics, Part 2The City in South AsiaThe UpanishadsAn Introduction to HinduismReligions of the World, Second Edition: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and PracticesA History of Ancient and Early Medieval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th CenturyEarly India: From the Origins to AD 1300Republics in ancient Indiapp. 83ff"Magadha Empire""Lumbini Development Trust: Restoring the Lumbini Garden"the originalThe great armies of antiquityarchived"The Achaemenid Persian Empire (550–330 B.C.)""East–West Orientation of Historical Empires"1076-156X"Dinner on the Grand Trunk Road"10.2307/32502263250226"Silappathikaram Tamil Literature"the originalManimekalai – English transliteration of Tamil originalIndian Temple Architecture: Form and Transformation : the Karṇāṭa Drāviḍa Tradition, 7th to 13th CenturiesBuddhist ArchitectureA History of India"The World Economy (GDP) : Historical Statistics by Professor Angus Maddison"The World Economy – Volume 1: A Millennial Perspective and Volume 2: Historical Statistics10.2307/32502140004-36483250214A Comprehensive History of India: Volume 2Between the Empires: Society in India, 300 to 400Emergence of Viṣṇu and Śiva Images in India: Numismatic and Sculptural Evidence"Parthian Pair of Earrings"the originalThe Medical Times and Gazette, Volume 1Greatest emporium in the worldThe Cambridge History of Ancient China: From the Origins of Civilization to 221 BCBuddhist Records of the Western WorldArchaeology in Soviet Central AsiaThe Grandeur of Gandhara: The Ancient Buddhist Civilization of the Swat, Peshawar, Kabul and Indus ValleysIndian Sculpture: Circa 500 B.C.-A.D. 700"The History of Pakistan: The Kushans"Gupta Dynasty – MSN Encartathe original"India – Historical Setting – The Classical Age – Gupta and Harsha""Gupta Dynasty, Golden Age Of India"the original"The Age of the Guptas and After"the originalNumber Theory and Its History"Gupta dynasty (Indian dynasty)""Gupta dynasty: empire in 4th century"the original"The Story of India – Photo Gallery"The ASI say499315420"Pallava script"p. 145"CNG: eAuction 329. INDIA, Post-Gupta (Ganges Valley). Vardhanas of Thanesar and Kanauj. Harshavardhana. Circa AD 606–647. AR Drachm (13mm, 2.28 g, 1h)""Harsha""Sthanvishvara (historical region, India)""Harsha (Indian emperor)"Shyama Kumar Chattopadhyaya (2000) The Philosophy of Sankar's Advaita VedantaShankara's IntroductionShankara's Introduction19373677Shankara's IntroductionIs The Buddhist 'No-Self' Doctrine Compatible With Pursuing Nirvana?The Seven Spiritual Laws Of YogaIndia: The Ancient Past. A History of the Indian-Subcontinent from 7000 BC to AD 1200The Kashmir Series: Glimpses of Kashmiri Culture – Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari (p. 57).Al-Hind: Early Medieval India and the Expansion of Islam, 7th–11th CenturiesHistory of GopāchalaLand of Two Rivers: A History of Bengal from the Mahabharata to MujibEuropean Trade and Colonial ConquestA History of IndiaA Comprehensive History Of Ancient India (3 Vol. Set)"The Last Years of Cholas: The decline and fall of a dynasty"the originalFascinating Hindutva: Saffron Politics and Dalit MobilisationGazetteer of the province of OudhAl- Hind: The slave kings and the Islamic conquest. 2"Shahi Family"The Cambridge history of Islam"Ameer Nasir-ood-deen Subooktugeen"Gazetteer of the Attock District, 1930, Part 1Land of seven rivers: History of India's GeographyTemple Desecration and Indo-Muslim StatesIslam in South Asia: A Short HistoryBeyond Orientalism: The Work of Wilhelm Halbfass and Its Impact on Indian and Cross-cultural StudiesThe Making of Terrorism in Pakistan: Historical and Social Roots of ExtremismOrnament in Indian ArchitectureA historical review of Hindu India: 300 B.C. to 1200 A.D."Indian States and Union Territories"Islam in South Asia: A Short HistoryA Brief History of the Indian PeoplesThe Modern ReviewDelhi Sultanate"Battuta's Travels: Delhi, capital of Muslim India"the original"Timur – conquest of India"the originalIndia HandbookBhaktiThe Four Denomination of Hinduism10.1007/s11407-008-9049-925691067"Vijayanagara Research Project::Elephant Stables"10.2307/26465262646526Historical Dictionary of the TamilsBihar General Knowledge DigestMapping Bihar: From Medieval to Modern TimesPopular Literature and Pre-modern Societies in South AsiaA manual of the Kistna district in the presidency of MadrasAncient Indian History and CivilizationFragmented Memories: Struggling to be Tai-Ahom in India"The Islamic World to 1600: Rise of the Great Islamic Empires (The Mughal Empire)"the originalDynasties: A Global History of Power, 1300–1800, p. 105"Whose fort is it anyway"10.1111/0020-8833.000532600793Development Centre Studies The World Economy Historical Statistics: Historical Statistics"India's Deindustrialization in the 18th and 19th Centuries"The Mughal Empire, p. 190"The Long Globalization and Textile Producers in India"The Mughal World: Life in India's Last Golden AgeAurangzeb: The Life and Legacy of India's Most Controversial KingIn the Shadow of the Taj: A Portrait of Agra"Iran in the Age of the Raj"p. 8610.2307/20539802053980Delhi, the Capital of IndiaAn Advanced History of Modern India"Journal of the Tanjore Maharaja Serfoji's Sarasvati Mahal Library"The Rediscovery of India: A New SubcontinentIslamic Renaissance In South Asia (1707–1867) : The Role Of Shah Waliallah & His SuccessorsAn Advanced History of Modern IndiaThe Great Maratha Mahadaji Scindia"Full text of "Selections from the papers of Lord Metcalfe; late governor-general of India, governor of Jamaica, and governor-general of Canada""The Discovery Of IndiaThe Sacred City of the Hindus: An Account of Benares in Ancient and Modern TimesResurrecting Banaras: Urban Space, Architecture and Religious BoundariesFaith & Philosophy of Sikhism"Missiles mainstay of Pak's N-arsenal"History Modern India By S.N. Sen"Sirajuddaula"ArchivedLongman History & Civics (Dual Government in Bengal)Madhya Pradesh National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Exam (Warren Hasting's system of Dual Government)A Military History of Britain: from 1775 to the PresentIndian Cultural Heritage Perspective For TourismHindu Rulers, Muslim Subjects: Islam, Rights, and the History of KashmirIndian HistoryAn Atlas and Survey of South Asian HistoryAn Historical Account of the British Trade Over the Caspian SeaIndian Merchants and Eurasian Trade, 1600–1750The Indian diaspora in Central Asia and its trade, 1550–1900From Constantinople to the home of Omar Khayyam: travels in Transcaucasia and northern Persia for historic and literary researchA journey from Bengal to England: through the northern part of India, Kashmire, Afghanistan, and Persia, and into Russia, by the Caspian-SeaA Second Journey through Persia, Armenia, and Asia Minor, to Constantinople, between the Years 1810 and 1816Reports from the consuls of the United States, 1887Portugal and its Empire, 1250–1800 (Collected Essays in Memory of Glenn J. Ames).: Portuguese Studies Review, Vol. 17, No. 1The Dutch Power in Kerala, 1729–1758http://mod.nic.inArchivedDossier Goa – A Recusa do Sacrifício InútilAn Imperial Crisis in British India: The Manipur Uprising of 1891The Truth of Babri Mosque"Kolkata (Calcutta) : History"the original"Robert Clive, Baron Clive, 'Clive of India', 1725–1774""The Transformation from a Pre-Colonial to a Colonial Order: The Case of India"10.2307/25955872595587A versatile geniusArchived10.1109/MWSYM.1997.602854"Rabindranath Tagore on Education"the original"Essay on 'Derozio and the Young Bengal Movement'"Poverty and Famines: An Essay on Entitlement and Deprivation"Plague"the originalPopulation Growth and Land Use"Reintegrating India with the World Economy""Census Of India 1931"A history of modern India, 1480–1950"'India's well-timed diversification of army helped democracy' | Business Standard News"Bal Gangadhar Tilak: Struggle for Swaraj"Participants from the Indian subcontinent in the First World War""Commonwealth War Graves Commission Annual Report 2007–2008 Online"the original1462689197110.1017/s0010417500016534178920Eurocentrism: a marxian critical realist critique"Ranjit Guha, "On Some Aspects of Historiography of Colonial India""10.2307/2168385216838510.7202/016593ar"Harvard scholar says the idea of India dates to a much earlier time than the British or the Mughals""In The Footsteps of Pilgrims""India's spiritual landscape: The heavens and the earth""India: A Sacred Geography by Diana L Eck – review"Modern India: The Origins of an Asian Democracy10.2307/21694222169422964322464"The Indian Subcontinent and 'Out of Africa 1'"254043308Encyclopedia of World ReligionsThe Evolution and History of Human Populations in South Asia: Inter-disciplinary Studies in Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, Linguistics and Genetics"The Early Paleolithic of the Indian Subcontinent: Hominin Colonization, Dispersals and Occupation History"Ancient Indian History and CivilizationAncient Indian Social History: Some Interpretationsthe originalIndia Before EuropeA Concise History of Modern India"The beginning of the historical period, c. 500–150 BCE"full textA History of Indiathe originalexcerpt and text searchexcerptexcerptAn Economic History of India: From Pre-Colonial Times to 1991excerpt and text searchexcerpt and text searchIndia as known to the ancient world10.1111/j.1468-0289.1985.tb00391.x2597191onlineThe History of India, as told by its own historians. The Muhammadan Periodonline editionHans William Brown research collection on 19th-century missionary work in India, 1882–1932, Ms. Coll. 1033, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts, University of Pennsylvaniaee